The following Schools of Social Work are participating in the National Center’s full educational model (read more here) which engages the triad of students, faculty, and community agencies:
- Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service
- LSU School of Social Work
- Michigan State University School of Social Work
- Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College
- Simmons College School of Social Work
- University at Buffalo School of Social Work
- University of Maryland School of Social Work
- University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work
- University of Southern California School of Social Work
- University of Southern Mississippi School of Social Work
- Washington University in St. Louis George Warren Brown School of Social Work
- Western Michigan University School of Social Work
Course Dissemination 2009 – present
Since the project began, more than sixty school of social work across the country and in Canada have offered a Core Concepts of Child and Adolescent Trauma course (read more here). At the twelve “upstream” model schools students take the mental health course and receive training in an evidence based trauma treatment (EBTT). They also are placed at agencies where they can practice an EBTT under the supervision of a field instructor trained in that EBTT.
This map indicates locations where social work programs have offered, are currently offering, or will offer a Core Concepts course. Use mouse to zoom in and to click on dots to view information about course location. Please contact us to obtain program names that are not listed.